Re: The answer to all of your problems

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: The answer to all of your problems
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:10:42 -0600
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Interestingly, that 123products.biz site could not be found.   But I am
guessing it is the newest gimmick which I've seen to hit the market, the
magnets which clamp around a fuel line.    This reminds me of a gadget
which I fell for back in my youth... a small coil which plugged into the
top of the ignition coil to give "more power".  Never could see the
difference in rpm's on my '56 Hawk.
A neighbor of my parents was a carny.   In the mid to late 70's I saw
him pitching the same product at some kind of event.  He had an early
70's rice burner rigged with the coil and a toggle switch.    His pitch
was to show the crowd how rough the car ran "without that gadget" and
then flip the toggle switch to "engage the gadget".   The engine
immediately began to purr like a kitten.
Of course he never told the crowd of how that switch actually ran
through one of the four ignition wires, sending the current to ground
when the "miracle gadget was disconnected."
As P.T. Barnum was known to say, "There's one born every minute".