Re: Re: Bugeye at Barrett-Jackson

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re: Bugeye at Barrett-Jackson
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:40:23 -0600
Yep, that's how I always remember it, too.  The old Trans-Am series limited
displacement to 5 liters.  Chevy and Ford both went to 302 CID with their
Z-28 and Boss 302, although they could have gone to 305 CID.  (Must have
been building in a safety factor of 3 inches to keep the tech guys out of
their face.)  Anyway, the easy way to remember is that 305 inches divided by
5 liters is 61 inches/liter.

58 inches and 43 horses underwhelming?  Yeah, that sounds like the stats one
would need for a gas-powered starter motor for a top fuel dragster! :-))

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."