Re: Need Mg Midget Tech Advice - part 2

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Need Mg Midget Tech Advice - part 2
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:30:27 GMT j118UUAC031773
It burned out cylinders 3 & 4 before
overhaul and now...

it's trying to burn out cylinders 3 & 4 after
overhaul....

it's got the same problem that burned out
these cylinders in the first place before and
after.

And positively NO air leaks in intake and exhaust systems?? You're sure?? 'Cause
Rikers note on a header leak sounds very
plausible, IMHO. Makes good, logical sense.

Compression check (while low 'cause new rings most likely) shows equal across,
eh?
But at 10.9-1 with a mild cam, the readings
ARE low. Oh, well....nothing abnormal about
the leakdown.

Cam lobes looked good, valves springs are
good, no broken rocker shaft bits, etc.
'cause it ran like crap initially. Advance springs properly hooked up in
dizzy...nothing moving back and forth to
change ignition timing in there while
under way/running.

Same with cam...not moving around in there for any reason.

And head was pressure tested/checked.

I am going to talk to my mechanic about this, this morning. He's a "30 year"
man.

Let's see if I can get him
interested in seeing these posts and helping to tackle this problem. Very
frustrating. Much empathy, John D.

"Working".....

Cap'n Bob
'60 Frog