Re: Aluminum Heads, Roller Rockers and Japanese Webers on Ebay

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Aluminum Heads, Roller Rockers and Japanese Webers on Ebay
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:54:56 -0500 FILETIME=[95AA6520:01C50D89]
Hey all,

I spoke to the good Dr Marty this evening about his stuff. The head he is
selling is a Pierce head, and is as stated in his auctions a "stage 3" head,
similar to the Longman GT6 head. It does not have the big 1.4 valves.
He said he has talked to Pierce about the issue that someone brought up
(sorry I forgot who it was) about the Spark Plug threads in the combustion
chamber. It is the way that they are all machined from Pierce. Something to
do with the mass production.
Pierce does not believe it is an issue, do to the heads alloy construction.
If it was a cast iron head it may be a problem with the threads heating up
and causing a hot spot, leading to detonation.
With the alloy heads better heat disipation it shouldn't be a factor. He did
say if someone was worried about it, they can easily remove the offending
dangling threads, with something as easy as sandpaper.
He said he has sold about a dozen so far, and has had no complaints.
He didn't say who was doing the roller rockers for him, he was in kinda a
rush, but they are bushed roller tipped rockers, slip on over your existing
rocker shaft.
Only ratio available so far is 1.347:1. He said he hasn't done the 1.5:1's
yet as they need different rocker pedestals. He is working on getting
someone to make pedestals, and when that gets accomplished, he will offer
the 1.5's as well.
I didn't get to talk to him about the Japanese Webers, as he was just
sitting down to dinner ( this was about  8:45pm, but said if I or anyone
else had any questions, just call or email him,

martingf@aol.com

A real trustworthy guy, I believe and a big time British car buff!

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto