Please Opine

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Please Opine
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:50:54 EST
Dear group,

I need some opinions although I think I know the answer.  But tell me what I
want to hear, not the truth!

Here is the thing.  I installed a Hayden 10 inch radiator fan on my '59
Bugeye.  I was as careful as I could be, but inspite of myself - when I
inserted
the heat sensor probe I created a small leak in the radiator.  I do have
another
radiator that is a spare that I was going to have routed out and cleaned up
as a backup.

I am tempted to go the Bars Leak route because the car has been sitting on
jacks for too long and I am anxious to get it on the road.

What is your opinion on the Bars Leak deal in terms of the effect on the
radiator and other components?

I have used this stuff before in other cars over the years and it has always
seemed to work well.  But with my Bugeye, I am a little more sensitive
regarding what I put in it.  It also has a fresh 1275, so there is really not a
bunch
of buildup in the engine at this time.

Some say it actually helps lubricate (the manufacturer would agree with that
one) and of course there are the negative things that I have heard.

Thanks!

Kirk Hargreaves
'59 Bugeye in horrible yellow