1275 Won't run: A Request

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1275 Won't run: A Request
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:03:07 -0600
Thanks to all who have responded with your thoughts on my paranormal
Spridget race motor.
I have printed everything out and will follow-up on each suggestion that I
have not already looked into.

The most interesting idea provided was to secure a "test mule" motor and to
one-by-one substitute my intake and ignition components on it to see if I
can re-create the problem.  Sort of requires an engine dyno....or a car
attached to the motor, but that's not out of the question.  Had one solid
offer from Ohio, but it turned out to be a 1098.

Least interesting was my wife's idea to sell the car.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to not pull the trigger.  Don't worry,
I was going to shoot my dog.

In the meantime, I would like to borrow a "known entity" working set of 1
1/4" SU carbs bolted to a stock Spridget intake manifold.

Would be more than happy to pay at least the shipping both ways and would
not anticipate having the carbs more than 2 weekends.

Would not need them until I re-assembled the motor and put it back into the
car.

Or.....if you want to lend me a whole car, can pick-up with my trailer
within 400 miles of the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor.

Yours, as ever, in the spirit of humble perseverence,
JohnD