Re: wide wheels cheap

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wide wheels cheap
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:51:53 -0800
Hi Glen,

Before you punch out all the centers of your Spridget wheels, make sure the
diameter is large enough to fit in the Vega rims.  The Spridget centers are
a non standard size, so they might be smaller than is needed for those
standard rims and can't be welded onto them.

Ask me how I know this!  That's why I always took the Morris centers and cut
them down from 14" to the world standard 13" center size before they were
welded up to the new 13 X 5.5 rims.  These were strong enough to withstand
the Carrera Pan America Race assaults for 2 years.

Paul A