Brake Fluid

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Fluid
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:34:12 EST
OK, its time to start the great brake fluid debate again as I cannot
remember what is correct.  My question is can I use DOT 4 in the '73 Midget  in
place
of Castrol?  Is it the same thing or will I have the bad effects  of using
DOT 3.

Why do I ask?  Well I was using my EZ Bleed this afternoon with my  last can
of Castrol and the dang master cylinder reservoir blew up.  I  guess the
plastic was embrittled sufficiently such that it couldn't take the  pressure.
@#%&!!!!  Now I got to strip the old one off the parts  car and hope that it
still
works.

Tim