Re: Voltmeter

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Voltmeter
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:24:34 -0500
Cc: "bugeye@yahoogroups" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil Nase wrote:
>    Any tips on where to pick up a voltmeter that will look like it
> belongs in a Bugeye.

Phil

I have a volt meter in EVERY LBC.
Jags, Landys, and some Triumphs used them.
I found a couple on Ebay UK, watch what you bid on, some do not ship
outside the UK.
The best looking volt gauge (IMO) is the Smiths Battery Condition.
Others just say Volts.
I use a later Midget radio console, I have 2 gauges added to it. One on
either side of the radio hole. It's close, but do-able. The hazard
switch has to go.
To wire a volt gauge, 2 wires, one is a ground, the other gets wired
into the on with key circuit (green wires) like heater, wipers, fuel gauge.
Tap into one of the green wires or run a new one from the fuse box to
one side of the volt gauge. If you do not have it switched, it will
always be on and will kill the battery. Wire the lamp to the red/white
panel light wires under the dash, just add a double Lucas bullet
connector to one of the existing gauge lamp junctions.
Now for a nice match on the other side, may I suggest a Smiths vacuum
gauge or a Smiths clock. Vac is another get lucky on Ebay, but the clock
is available from Terry's Jaguar parts for about $60 new.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ