Re: Formula 1

To: Rick <rick@stoolhead.com>
Subject: Re: Formula 1
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:25:16 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm a huge F1 fan but too far away to do anything more than
watch satellite TV at strange hours of the day to see the races.
My wife thinks I'm crazy, but then she's never been to an F1
race.

My claim to fame is to have graduated from the Brands Hatch
racing school (with track time taught by Graham Hill) back in
the late 60's. Actually got to run the full GP circuit there (4 laps)
in a de-tuned Lotus 49B!!

On the unfortunate side, I was a back marker at the Hockenheim
F2 race in 1968 when we lost Jimmy Clark.

I haven't been to an actual F1 race since 1969 when I left Europe.
Too many other obligations and too little moola....  ;-)

How do you reckon Kimi this year?  Can anyone unseat Micheal
the Great? Does the new Williams stand a chance. I have high
hopes for BAR, but am not terribly thrilled by their driver changes.

Cheers!!
Jim - who put 50 miles on the midget today!!  Life is Good!!!

--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget