Re: Got the wheelbarrow tire on!!!

To: John.Deikis@med.va.gov
Subject: Re: Got the wheelbarrow tire on!!!
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:40:50 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/4/2005 7:15:11 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
John.Deikis@med.va.gov writes:

plowed  up two-thirds of my place and seeded native prairie grass.
Every 2-3 years  you're supposed to burn it to strengthen the root structure
and kill off  the weeds, but I know I'll burn my barn down if I do that. So
every few  years I mow it down and give it a squirt of 2,4-D. Looks great and
no more  lawn!  Plus, you get pheasants, grouse, doves, whitetail, and  those
damned groundhogs-- which makes for good back porch plinking.
JohnD

Our Federal Gov'ment also has a program called CREP, that will pay you to
plant grass instead of a crop, and pay you to keep it that way.  My wife
hesitated and we missed out on getting in the program in PA, so we missed about

$4000.00 a year for watching the grass grow.

Robert B.  Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03  Beetle

... Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention  of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
rather to skid  in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming --  WOW-- What a Ride!"

-Marcel Proust