CROSS FLOW HEADS

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: CROSS FLOW HEADS
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 02:12:01 -0800 (PST)
I have found the mythical (no longer) Ken Elder maker of the Elder cross flow
head (8 port).

It is a new design not a retread of the old Arden 8 port head - which is what
I've heard of the Minimania 8 port head.

It's expensive (~US$3,500 complete with extractors etc) but much less than a
supercharger and the powerlift (HP and torque) is pretty impressive if the
numbers match the reputation.

The question I have is why are they not more common? They've been around since
the 60's. Why if they are so strong has someone not long ago mass produced them
and brought the price down?

Is there some underlying issue with the technology that prevented people
rushing out to buy it?

Scott J Graham
60 Bugeye 1275 5 speed
63 BJ7 triple 2" SU's