RE: Garage floor sealant

To: "'Ron Soave'" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Garage floor sealant
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:28:15 -0600
Hi Ron,

Last year, when I bought my house, I put down the Rust-o-leum EpoxyShield
coating.  It has held up incredibly well.  Much like painting a car, the key
is the prep work.  You have to get the existing concrete as clean as
possible.  We spent about 6 hours cleaning the surface.  It turns out that
when the house was built, the painters and drywallers used the garage as
their prep area, and there was a ton of residue left on one side.  The other
key is that you must let the surface cure for at least a week after painting
it.  If you don't, I've heard about problems with hot tires causing the
sealant to lift.   For me, that wasn't a problem, since I didn't actually
move in for another 3 months! <grin>

The stuff still looks like new.  I don't have any stains or wear through,
even though the garage was the rally point for all of the stuff when I did
finally move in.  Combine that with the abuse it's taken from working on the
cars, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Greg