FYI... Austin America in junkyard

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FYI... Austin America in junkyard
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:24:05 -0500
Just FYI...
  Someone reported a Mini in a (Raleigh, NC area) junkyard.  Turned out to be
an Austin America (auto. tranny).
  Actually looks pretty decent for it's age.  Complete and easy to get at.  (I
didn't open it so I'm making assumptions on that "complete" part.)
  If anyone's serious I can give you directions and I have 1 external pic I can
email you.
  No much British left there but there's one Spitfire 1500 that looks useable
behind the firewall.  (Hood and engine missing.)  It's saved on top of a bus.
  Rough TR-6 on top of a pile and overgrown.
  One '65-'66 Sprite you might get some mechanical parts off of.  It's actually
fairly complete but looks like it's been buried in pine needles for years.  No
hood but I can see the oil filler cap peeking through the needles.
  One RB MGB saved on top of a truck.  Might actually be salvageable.
  Couple more B's and/or Spridgets but they're piled up and overgrown.
  Two Fiat 600 sedans (suicide doors).  One -might- be salvageable.
  One latish-model Alfa spyder (squared-off tail) that appears complete and
salvageable.
  Volvo P1800 and P1800ES but they're rough.  Not wrecked (from what I could
see), just stored in bad places for too long.
  SAAB (93?) V4.  Complete, unwrecked but stored badly.
  Surprising amount of old American iron.  '55-'57 Chevys, mid-60's Fords, some
Chrysler.  Most is pretty rough just from sitting there too long.  One '57
Chevy appears to be a convertible but I couldn't get close easily.  Rough too.
  I have at least one pic of most of this stuff and it's not a complete list of
what's there.
  Ed in NC