Two quick 1275 assembly questions...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two quick 1275 assembly questions...
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:04:08 -0600 reply-type=original
I'm ready to install my pistons in my 1275 engine (I think).  My Haynes
manual seems to imply that the crank should be installed prior to installing
the pistons.  Is there any reason I can't install the pistons first, then
the crank?

Also, which way should the connecting rods face?  Dumb me forgot to note how
they were oriented when I took it apart.  One side is fairly flush with the
big end, and the other side is offset in a little from the face of the big
end.  Which side should face the front of the engine?

Thanks!

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L