Re: Electrolysis question

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Electrolysis question
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:09:01 -0500 6.0.1|February 07, 2003) at 03/25/2005 07:46:49 AM, Serialize complete at 03/25/2005 07:46:49 AM
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I went back to my chemistry books for a refresher on acids, basics and
caustics.
David C is correct!  Baking Soda - sodium bicarbonate (HNaCO3) and Washing
soda - sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) are not caustic.

A caustic (which I use in my tank) is a metal hydroxide.  Lye is Sodium
Hydroxide (NaOH) and it will attack aluminum and quite a few other metals.

Cap'n, my cat drools but not enough to fill a dip tank.

Enough chemistry.  It's a beautiful morning, so I'm taking the MGA Hotrod
out for a spin.

"Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
03/25/2005 06:38 AM