RE: one wire alternator

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: one wire alternator
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:43:57 -0700
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
Could be, but most of the time a lower or higher charging voltage is a
better clue that something's amiss. Of course you have to interpret any
gauge, and there's a lot of room for mistakes. That's why modern cars are so
computerized. Not that I've sound THAT much of an improvement. The check
engine light on my Ferrari is routinely lit. I'm always a little surprised
when it isn't.