New record collection, no LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New record collection, no LBC
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:33:26 -0500
Anybody out there into albums? (vinyl)
My son and his buddy stumbled on a 20yd dumpster full with mint and/or
new unopened albums. His buddy filled his Denali, my son filled his VW.
He even grabed me the complete Who collection along with 3 solo albums
by Pete Townsend. So after going thru the hundred of records he brought
home, he said there was "tons more" so off we went in the drizzle and we
went dumpster diving!!
So we filled the trunk, floor, and back seat of the Ford with around
1000 albums! Then his buddys went back this morning and filled a Honda
with even more, and there is still a bunch left.
Now If I was to get rid of thousands of new or mint record albums, I
wouldn't throw them out! at .50 cents each, that's 1000 bucks!
I conservatively think I now have 1500 records. And complete artists
sets. Everything from the 20s thru the 80s. Bing to Nirvana.
I sit here now listening to some rare Cat Stevens.
I never knew Iron Butterfly had 3 albums. I have 2 dozen Billy Holiday
albums, loads of jazz, big bands, Frank Sinatra and the like.
Michael Jackson from when he was a little black BOY and probably
everything from the J5 thru his latest. Rare colored, clear, and faced
albums. Everything Springsteen ever did and  2 of most, some never opened.
This was somebodys serious collection and tossed in a dumpster.
I went out this morning and bought a new turn table, it's been going
ever since and will continue for decades with the amount of music I now own.

Are there any collectors on the list?
Anybody need something to finish a collection?
It will take me weeks just to see what I have.
My basement is knee high wall to wall with albums and so far not a
scratch and all in jackets with covers.
I do want to keep all the records of my youth so most 60s and 70s stuff
is mine ;) But any jazz lovers, 20s, 30s, 40s, not much 50s, loads of
Bing Crosby, and others I never heard of. Jerry Valle, Jackie Gleason,
Bix B????, You name it I probably have it.

I never knew Dr Hook made 5 albums. And all were stacked neatly in a
dumpster in alphabetical order for the most part. The kids in the Honda
dug deep and got all the As thru Gs so they have all the Beatles,
Beachboys, Chicago, Cash, etc.  If I don't have it, the kids do.
Just an unbelievable find and I think I need to meet a collector to get
advice. I could not possibly store 1500 albums let alone listen to them.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ