RE: Was: New record Now: Beach Boys

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: RE: Was: New record Now: Beach Boys
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:55:04 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sorry but that is a cut-out which you can still buy from j.c.witless, and no
body drove to Bonneville, you went to Murroc dry lake, later renamed after
Glen Edwards and yes my dad even took me to Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding
club before it burned down and I'd get to ride on the pony while he was
inside, it was at least 600 miles closer. We are both showing our age here.
                Crash

"Lake pipes", IIRC was a generic term for an exhaust modification popular
among those of that time period who were fond of running on the dry lakebeds
(think "Bonneville"). Among other things, I believe that it entailed the
ability to switch between mufflers and straight-through with a special valve
in the exhaust system.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget