SU Adjustment

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Adjustment
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:58:23 -0400
Hello Everyone,

This weekend I decided to take my 73 "RWA" Midget (stock 1275 w/XR700)
down off the jack stands and start it up for the first time after
removing all emissions controls, adding an electric fan and replacing
the throttle shafts on the 1.25" HS2's.

I began by setting the fuel mixture nuts at 15 flats and adjusting the
linkage according to the owners manual.

The cars started right up once I remembered to plug the fuel pump
wires back in (I love that fuel pump clicking).  However, if I let the
choke out all the way the car stalls.  The chock needs to be on just
the slightest bit in order for the car to idle.

My question is what should I look at/adjust?  At what RPM range should
the car be idling?   At present I believe it is around 1100 with the
choke on a bit.

It's a bit hard to read the plugs (standard Champion) because before I
removed the emissions controls and replaced the throttle shafts it was
running rich.  I cleaned the plugs the best I could.  I pulled the
plugs after it had been running for some time 30min or so and they
looked ok.   I have a new set of Bosch Platinum but I didn't want to
put them in until the engine was running right.

I was driving up and down my street on Sunday.  I was only able to get
up to second but is seems like the power is there.

This is my first LBC so if I am not providing you with all the info
you need to help please just let me know what you need.

Thanks,

Greg