A True Car Lover

To: "'Spridgets@autox.team.net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A True Car Lover
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:17:27 -0500
I have no explanation for why I was wondering around the AMCPacer
forum...guess I was bored.  But here's a "for sale" listing that struck
close to my heart. Who could not imagine where this fellow is coming from?
God bless him!
JohnD

1975 PACER AVAILABLE
.........I am finally parting with my 1975 Pacer. I've had the car since it
was new, and want only to see it restored. This was my first car when I was
in high school, and I drove it through college and for several years after.

The car is the first year of production with a 232 cu. in. six, dark red,
with matching dark red interior. Bucket seats, vinyl, Automatic tranny. Has
power steering, passenger's side mirror, a custom center console I built of
plywood, a cheap roof rack, steering wheel cover, wheel covers, aftermarket
in-door speakers. A set of salvaged style wheel covers added.

Current condition is poor: The body has some rust, interior plastic is
crumbling in spots. Gas cap is a generic replacement. Upholstery isn't bad,
but the carpet is worn. I did a fair amount of work on the dashboard,
replacing the original AM/FM at first with and 8-track (wish I still had
that!) and later a CD player. That has since been pulled, leaving a hole. I
parked the car in 1997 and have not driven it since. Clearly the battery is
dead and fuel system will need thorough cleaning. It was running OK (a
little rough) when I parked it.

The car is at my house near Santa Cruz, California (Zip 95018). Demonstrate
a commitment to restoration (via a refundable deposit to be held in an
escrow account, or some other way you may propose) and you can have this car
for $0! You must 1) restore it within 3 years and 2) give me a ride when the
work is done.

Sound interesting? Contact me via phone 831-335-4849 or email:
purchasing (at) lumigenic (dot) com

Marc