Re: New Addition

To: <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: New Addition
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net> version 0.80j on heru-ur
> straightforward bolt-in swap,
> right?
>
> I recall some chatter on the list about disc brakes being a doable swap,
> as well.  Unfortunately, I wasn't paying much attention at the time as
> to all involved as I didn't anticipate this all happening.  Is there a
> web-site with instructions on the brake swap anywhere?
>
> The 1275 is a bolt in swap. You may want to use a rib cage tranny or a
Datsun 5-speed( the best thing you can do to a Spridget).
The disc brake swap is as doable. You need a donor car to give you
calipers, uprights, dust shields, hubs and spindles. Remove same from your
BE ( this is a chance to refresh your front suspension). Remove the
trunnion pin and replace the above. You can reuse the dust tubes. I would
recommened a set of steel flex brake lines, they'll last the lifetime of
the car. A new set of rotors can found on ebay for about $30. I have had
good luck with EBC green stuff pads(www.ebc.com).
Your BE will be able to stop on a dime.
Roger Cotting