Steering Column Nut

To: mike.aarset@gmail.com
Subject: Steering Column Nut
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 05:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Order both types from Vicky Brit. They are cheap but the one listed for my '68
was the wrong one. Order extras, they're like .50 each as I reacall. Shipping
was more than the part. Need to use those nuts made from cheap imitation metal
so they strip out before the steering column shaft does. I'd also avoid the big
ass lock washer the P.O. used on Bugsy which was the reason the damn thing
stripped out anyway trying to reassemble. Go for some Locktite once you are
sure wheels are straight,

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH