Re: New Addition/now brakes.

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Addition/now brakes.
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:00:45 GMT j3EF1nlt020061
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
As far as I can see (my eyesight is decaying
with age, remember!) I cannot think of a
circumstance wherein the rear brakes should lock up first.

Initial gentle braking at the rear to aid
directional control, weight transfers forward as front braking coefficient
increases beyond what's available at the
rear so that rears don't lock up before
the fronts during stop for the sake of
directional control.

Otherwise, if the rears lock up first, there
will be a tendency for the car to swop
ends as the rear will tend to rotate around
the front end ('cause there's always a tiny sideways component present it seems)
basically because the rear
end becomes lighter as weight transfer
makes itself known.

Thus, relatively speaking...... progressively "stronger" front brakes and
progressively "weaker" rear brakes as the
stop proceeds seems to be the way to go,
the slight initial pressure applied to the
rear brakes (for directional control at the
beginning of the stop) notwithstanding???

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog