Re: Spridget Safety rant again..

Subject: Re: Spridget Safety rant again..
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:57:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok, just to make a point, you are talking about a car 20 years NEWER
than a Bugeye.  And the safety designs you speak of were implemented
years before that in SAABs as well as several others.  To think that 20
year old safety improvements is anywhere near the newer safety built
into cars now is absurd.  With the caveat of "For their day" these cars
are safe I agree wholeheartedly.  The question is wether you want your
child to be in a safe car or a car that was "safe for it's day".  Hey,
I know many people who survived not wearing seatbelts.  There are race
car drivers who have survived not wearing a harness.  It was "safe for
their day".  Does that mean that it is safe?  Hell no.  Period.  For
all who have survived , more power to ya!  For those who have a few
years left, I strongly suggest wearing a seatbelt, for those who have
many years left, I suggest a safe car by todays standards.

You may wish to treat your children/organ donors differently.  Just my
opinion.  What does the pilot say about flying an aircraft whose
airframe has not had a through going trough for 40 years?  Can you say
metal fatigue?  I knew that you could..  and no, removing the paint and
rust and repainting doesn't count.

Lester

On Apr 25, 2005, at 9:50 AM, David Riker wrote:

snip

> THESE CARS ARE SAFE.

snip