Re: Wrong con rods

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wrong con rods
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:25:55 -0700 reply-type=original
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
If the pistons are nothing but future ashtrays...  then drifing out the pins
with a BMF hammer should be fine.  The con rod will butt against the side of
the piston as you begin hammering and should 'feel' the force in the same
place the press would apply it.  Though the hammer blows may cause the the
forces to peak a bit higher than a press might exert.  The contact face
would be the side of the small end rod bore (steel) resting against the
gudgeon bore in the aluminum piston.  Shouldn't be able to deform or damage
the rod.  Now that smoking is on the decline, I guess the pistons won't even
be needed for ashtrays.
Hammer away.

Glen