Re: Spridget Safety rant again.. now vintage WW1 aircraft stuff?

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Lester Ewing" <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget Safety rant again.. now vintage WW1 aircraft stuff?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:25:17 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
but do not discount the gas tanks that were up in the center section of the
upper wing as they were for the most part a gravity feed system!
also remember the throttle controll was ignition "on " or "off" wich is why
on landings they sound like they are cutting in and out!
oh, yeah i forgot!  i'm only supposed ta know sumpthing 'bout fixin old
cars...

i guess it was the "burning castor oil" thing that caught my attention. ;)
talk about a total loss oiling system!  ahhh, the old days of pre-flight ,
having to hand lubricate the rockers before flight.....
and what ever happened to "wing warping" before alerons came into da
picture....oops!  i screwed up again!   i only know sumpthin 'bout old
cars......

chuck.

SPADS, Albatri and Nieuports of WW1, and not a few of