Re: Miata

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:46:29 -0500
Been lurking a little lately to see what's up these days and became amused by
the Miata conversation, but wanted to speak up in defense of the MSM.  As an
owner of a Mazdaspeed Miata, I can say, that after 7500 miles and in the midst
of a 2000 mile road trip with my wife, the car is fantastic.  I selected it
over the S2000, Audi TT, Boxter, Z3/4, and MINI because none of those cars were
as fun or livable (daily driver) as the MSM is (the MINI was a close second,
but not nearly as much fun).  The turbo whine is great, the exhaust is
pleasantly throaty, the ride, response, and handling are great.  The
transmission is unmatched, and even in 6th gear going at illegal speeds, there
is plenty of oomph to increase to even more illegal speeds.  There really was
nothing left to do to the car, except add XM radio.  I may put a chrome fuel
cap on later, or perhaps a new breather kit.  :-)  Anyone who rides in the car
is amazed at the performance and ride, and I get more stares and comme
 nts from onlookers in this thing than in my Midget.  And the price couldn't be
beat, especially compared to the competition, even compared to used
alternatives.

Do I sound like a Mazda commercial?  We like the car so much we're probably
going to get a Mazda3 soon to add a couple extra doors and seats.

*lurkmode resume*

Adrian Barnes
Knoxville, TN

From "David Lieb" <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>