"New" Bugeye

To: <spridgets-owner@autox.team.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: "New" Bugeye
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 19:12:19 -0700
Hi All,

Here's a case of dedication and good fortune!

Friend of mine from Virginia located a Fully restored Bugeye, all original,
complete with soft and hard top on either Craigslist or Traderonline.  Was
sent a bunch of photos, which he forwarded on to me.  It looked too good to be
true for 6K.  It was located in Kennewick, WA. Was about a 10 year old
restoration.  Original owner passed away and a friend was selling it for his
widow.

He flew out with his wife, they loved it!  Bought it.  Drove it to friends
place in Puyallup.  Made a tow bar, bought an OK Dodge pick up for $600, flat
towed it down to my place in Portland for a visit.  Looks great!  Everything
works, very driveable and the paint is very nice and "new" 145X13 Michelins.
Bright red.  Original bonnet and apparently no rust showing anywhere!  He's
now started back to Virginia, via Salt Lake City and on to St Louis, to visit
an ailing long time friend, then on to home.

His wife has never been out to the West or to the Central US for that matter
and is armed with all sorts of maps and guide books, also looking for camping
places on the way!

So I guess the moral to the story is to find a wife who hasn't yet made a
cross-country trip in an old pick up towing a really nice Bugeye, and maybe
you can bring home another new car too!!!  LOL!

Later, Paul A