Re: Off List NOW: Robert B

Subject: Re: Off List NOW: Robert B
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:54:19 -0500
Cc: Biff <biffjones@erols.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Biff wrote:

> Robert B. Houston Family
> 5770 Sandpiper Drive
> Santa Teresa, NM 88008
>
> Brad,  If you can find anything about the services or a charity donation that
> would be helpful for either a donation or flowers.

I agree with Biff at this point, please, send a card, let Robert know how much
you care. And how much he and his family means to our little group.
I have had several private emails asking what happened. Although I understand
many of the reasons for the emails, please understand and accept what I want to
say. I know "some" of what happened, not all. To me, to repeat what little bits
know, just seems, ghoulish. I don't want to trivialize anyone's concern, I know
almost all of us care about what happened, but I don't want half a story to end
up twisted, and a tragedy in the life of a personal friend of mine all over the
web, half assed. Please understand and accept this. I am hoping that I will be
able to get advance information about the service, and I will share that with
the
list for those that may wish to send something as well.
I know that many times, tragedies of this sort can be dehabilitating
financially.
I know that Robert's daughter was young, and often, this type of thing isn't
prepared for. Whatever savings a family might have,  it could be drained
quickly,
just to cover basic funeral needs and costs. I don't know what their situation
is/was, but worse case, I felt that some funds to the husband and children would
more likely than not, be very appreciated. I have read how many don't feel that
is appropriate. I am too far away to go cook a meal, clean the house, watch the
kids, or offer any other similar type of help. So, if sending funds isn't
proper,
please set this southern redneck on the correct course of action. I don't need
some personal recognition over whatever it is that we do, but it is important to
me that Robert knows that the internet friends he has made over the years, care
enough to do SOMETHING.
So please, let's talk about what this something should be. IF indeed it turns
out
to be that funds are the final decision, Ed has offered to put up a donation
spot
on his site, for us to use. Please, someone on the triumph list, pass this along
to them.

Thank you,

Brad Fornal