MHouston Fund 5/4 update j44Cc6DC017882

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: MHouston Fund 5/4 update j44Cc6DC017882
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:36:28 -0400
I continue to be impressed by this list!  We are now up to $700.00
donated to the Melissa Walker (Houston) Fund.  Your generosity is a
testament to the humanity that is visibly (or virtually) evident in
our hobby.

If there is anyone on the list who doesn't know what happened, let's recap.
Long time lister Robert Houston of New Mexico lost his youngest
daughter (38 years old) in a tragic accident about a week ago.  Robert
has understandably signed off the list for a while so he can take care
of his family and have some time to grieve.

Many of us consider Robert to be a good friend.  He is knowledgeable
about cars, friendly, funny, and always ready to help.  He works in
the transportation industry and travels around the country for work,
so many of us have met him.  My personal story began when I bought a
house.  I was installing a new kitchen so I could move in, and several
local Spridgets listers showed up to help.  One of them was Robert,
who I wasn't expecting, since I live several thousand miles from New
Mexico!  He had a case of beer under his arm, and he stayed all day.

Someone on the list suggested we do something nice for our friend in
his time of sorrow.  We talked about flowers, sending cards, etc., but
then we thought about a collection to benefit his daughter's family of
two young boys.  Elizabeth, please fill us in on the family structure
if I screwed this up.

I offered to take donations on my PayPal account and forward them to
Robert after June 1st.  Ed Kaler of Just Brits has a form at
www.justbrits.com/RBH.html for those who want to mail a check.

If you would like to donate to this fund and you have a PayPal
account, please send ANY amount to me at ajhsys@comcast.net on PayPal.
 I will print out your messages and forward a big check to Robert in
June.  I am covering the cost of using PayPal as part of my donation.
To mail a check, you can go to Ed's web site (above) and use the form,
or mail a check to me.  Donations are varying from $10 to $50, and so
far, from three countries!

Use PayPal if possible, or make your check out to Robert Houston.
Mail to:
Allen Hefner
117 Riversedge Dr
Norristown  PA  19403-3722