Temp Sensor Bulb Thing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp Sensor Bulb Thing
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:07:46 -0500
Cc: deikis@aol.com
Here's the situation:

Motor from Car B put into Car A
Temp sensor attached to Car A screwed into head on Car B motor.
Drippity-drip.
Teflon tape....drippity-drip.
Took a look at temp sensor attached to Car B and noticed the threaded
compression sleeve has a longer threaded portion than the one attached to
Car A.
I figure the B sleeve in the A car is not long enough to make a good seal on
the taper at the base of the sensor bulb.

Both motors are 1968.  Both heads are emission port heads.
Are there really TWO different compression sleeves???

Temp sensor "bung" in the head won't come out of one of the heads, so an
easy swap is not so easy.

What to do?

Can I use some sort of packing to increase the "reach" of of the shorter
compression sleeve?

Do not suggest that I smear everything with JBWeld as I hope this motor swap
is just temporary and I don't want to permanently attach it to my temp
gauge. ;-).

Thanks for the guidance and advice.

JohnD