Moving the Midget to Atlanta j4AMmvEa015102

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Moving the Midget to Atlanta j4AMmvEa015102
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:48:02 -0400
Hey everyone,

I've been off of the list for a long time since moving down to Atlanta
to go to Business School at Emory.  It's been a busy couple of
semesters but I'll soon be finished with the academic year.  Then I'll
be working at Coca-Cola until the fall semester.

Right before I left, Frank Clarici, Chris King, and Frank's friend
Paul graciously took the day to help me finish off my Midget 1500
engine, which was in the rebuilding process for 3 years.  Thank you so
much, once again.
Then, I had to move to GA the following week and leave the Midget in
NJ until the summer.

Well, Summer's almost here, and I would love to find a way to get the
Midget down here in Georgia.  Being a student with loans, I can't pay
a service $1000 to move the car, and since the new engine only has
about 200 miles on it, I don't want to risk driving it from NJ to GA.
Has anyone here found a good yet inexpensive way to move a Midget or
Sprite long distance?  My 1990 Plymouth Acclaim probably couldn't do
the towing.

The way I see it, I could either try to fit the midget into a moving
truck or buy a cheap pickup truck, tow the car down here, then sell
the pickup in Atlanta (less ideal solution).  I called PODS, and they
won't allow a car in the shipping container.

Any other great suggestions?

By the way, please let me know if any of you live near Atlanta.  I
want to get back into going to British car events!

Thanks everyone!

John Gottstein

ATL