Re: Non LBC brain teaser - Kinda Long

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC brain teaser - Kinda Long
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 06:19:43 -0700
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The flywheel was balanced before the machining.  Installing the "Active
Balance" thing was supposed to "balance" the flywheel in itself.  See an
explanation at:
http://www.balancemasters.com/index.html   Apparently it stopped
balancing and became glued at speeds over 60 MPH in 5th gear.  According
to my mechanic, he can remove the epoxy completely.  Since the groove is
machined in a precise circle, how would that be out of balance?   You
don't want to know what a new flywheel assembly costs.  HD does not sell
just the flywheel anymore.   You have to buy the whole assembly with con
rods pressed into place.  Pricey.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2