Re: Repairing ABS on a Bugeye... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>, mg <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Repairing ABS on a Bugeye... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:09:43 -0700
The pressure relief valve is located under a large hex nut
next to where oil leaves the engine headed for the filter.
Also in that neighborhood is the oil pressure sender.

Undo the big nut and you will wind a spring and,
beneath that, the relief valve, which seats the other end
of the spring. Make sure it is not galled or excessively worn.

To avoid "The Clarici Effect" (Fear Of All Things Oriental),
you could shim the spring a bit and note any change until
you get a better number, like 30 is nice. 35 is fine.

Long use and heat don't do springs any favors. They tend
to befome weaker.

David McCartney / Captain Rapture