Door Latch Question

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Latch Question
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:28:29 -0600
I have a bit of a problem with my drivers side door ('75 Midget).

The door would lock on its own about every other time you closed the door.

I took off the door panel to see what was wrong, and as far as I can tell
the door lock do-jigger does not seem to have enough travel.  I did not have
too much time, so had to put the panel back on.  When I tightened down the
door handle/lock mechanism, I cannot move the little door lock lever.  I am
thinking the lock/latch mechanism inside the door is too far toward the
inside of the car so that tightening down the inside door handle/lock
mechanism binds the little lever.  Could the PO have put the piece inside
the door in wrong?

Any thoughts before I attack it again?

Bob
'75 Midget