Re: Carlisle

To: Kevin Valentine <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:51:09 -0500
Cc: MICHAEL CARPENTER <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
FWIW, the link below is to the official National Weather Service
forecast page for Carlisle, PA.  IF it wraps on you, copy it into
your browser.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?site=phi&CiTemplate=1&FcstType=text&MapType=0&MapType=3&site=phi&CiTemplate=1&map.x=41&map.y=107

Now...   Let me say that I disagree completely with this
forecast. My read on the situation has a huge upper low pressure
system centered over Mass and Conn with tremendous amounts of
north Atlantic moisture wraped around the low and streaming southwest
along the mountains and valleys of east Penn. As a result I expect
there to be a lot of rain over the coming weekend in the Carlisle
area along with some really chilly temperatures (say, highs only
around 50).  That's a pretty big contrast with the forecaster in
the Philadelphia office. I have no idea why because what they have
out doesn't make any sense to me at all and I've been doing this
stuff for nearly 40 years.

Ah, well.  Take yer umbrellas and yer raincoats and cover up
those LBCs - trust me....

Cheers!!
Jim - a meteorologist with a Midget in Dodge City

> Frank already calls PA - PensylRAINia....

Then Frank would be closer to being right than the guy in Philly!!