RE: Project

To: "DLancer7676@cs.com" <DLancer7676@cs.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: Project
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:35:50 -0400
> From: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
> To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>; <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>

> While the engine is out, I will pressure clean everything and work on a
> couple of engine leaks before reinstalling everything.  At the rate I am
going it
> should be somewhere around 2010 when I get it finished.  <G>
>
> --David C.

quite sadly i think i have you beat on that date!  i have my high school 55
chevy 2 door sedan belair sitting here , wich i parked in 1979!   i ran it
at atco dragway in new jersey and after a few passes i lost brakes due to
"fade".  i decided it was too fast for stock brakes and swore to rebuild
the entire car with good brakes and some handling improvements.   honestly
i scared the heck out of myself on the last pass at the drag strip when i
tripped the lights and found NO BRAKES (nothing but a very spongy pedal!)!
i barely made it slow down enough to get the last turn off to the return
road before the gravel pit and catch fence would have gathered me up!   i
have been honestly collecting bits and pieces for years now and over the
next few years plan to get back to that car again and return it to a
showable running car!
evry time i think i'm going to get to it.....another crisis seems to
terminate funds!

chuck.
"a basement full of 55 chevy parts!"
up to my "tush" in bugeyes!  (kinda like bugeyepalooza!)