Hazard Switch

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hazard Switch
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:32:41 EDT
Can anyone explain how the hazard switch is supposed to work on a '73
Midget?  I am still trying in vain to get the hazard flashers working on my
car,
but its just dead.  I had them working on the right side this past  weekend,
but
nothing now.  I'd like to test the switch to see if its  working or not
before I go buy a new ($45) one, but its a mystery to me.

There are two prongs at the bottom with green wires attaching to  them.  This
is the power relay, and when the switch is flipped, contact is  made.  The
other four prongs do nothing when the switch is flipped in  either position.
Does this mean its dead?

How does one go about testing a flasher?

TIA

Tim Wallace
'73 Midget (with almost all the electrical bits working now)
Fuquay Varina, NC