RE: Fw: help again parts are here but.....

To: "'Robert E. Shlafer'" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: help again parts are here but.....
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:49:46 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Actually I would disagree with that, dielectric grease is to make a good
electrical connection, it doesn't "seal" anything, not exactly what I would
want leaking out and making contact with the other wires.  I use the high
temp silicone, just a little and you can remove any excess after it dries.
Now if you are talking about the screws inside the cap, maybe just a little
on the sharp end of the screw, I'm with you.
                Crash

Use a little dielectric grease to slip them into the cap and "seal" against
moisture
from without.

Cap'n Bob
  '60 :{)