Re: Completely Original Bugeye for Sale

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, Editorgary@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Completely Original Bugeye for Sale
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:06:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/05 2:57:42 PM, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> In the real world, the car
> as you describe it is probably worth around 8K on the high side.

So that leads to the philosophical question -- what IS the right value for a
Gold Level concours Bugeye Sprite at this time? I'm certainly not going to
accept the idea that ANY running, attractive, original, Bugeye could be
purchased
for $8000 these days, so I'm guessing the right value for a great original
Bugeye must be between that price and $25,000.
Incidentally, note that another Bugeye also sold at that same auction for
$20,000 so that means there were at least three folks who liked Sprites and had
spent too much time at the bidders' bar at BJ in January.
Cheers
Gary