shock or don't shock.......

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: shock or don't shock.......
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:32:35 -0500
On my rear shocks, one side "seems" (to the untrained arm) to work fine, nice
hard but smooth resistance up and down. The other side, moves up firmly and
smoothly, but when bringing the arm back down, seems to move freely, maybe 1/4
inch or more, then hits resistance, but then feels normal, just the initial
looseness. Is this possibly caused by low oil? I see no sign of an external
leak. I have read on a website a fairly simple but messy-sounding cleaning
procedure I could try as well. Any advice appreciated.
I know where to go if they need repair.........
Dan G