Re: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing This?

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, kevin@valentinephoto.net, spritenut@exit109.com
Subject: Re: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing This?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 13:04:34 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a friend coming to stay with me for a couple of nights on the 8th of
June.  I told him to bring some work clothes.  He can be there to help me pull
the hood (bonnet, loo, whatever they are supposed to be called).  And help me
steady the engine out with the cherry picker.  Since the engine has been
rebuilt about a few hundred miles ago it will be nice to get a good look at it
out
of the car for seepage, etc.

Question - I have read somewhere on some cars that you need to pull the drive
shaft out with the tranny (gear box, loo - whatever they are called).  I
think a loo is a toilet and does not apply to most cars.

I plan to pull the cross member - release the gear box from the universal
joints on the front of the drive shaft and after heavy use of a digital camera
and taking all the time necessary to mark wires and diagram things - then deal
with the motor mounts - pull the radiator, etc etc and then pull the little
engine out by the nape of it's neck.

Sound about right?

Thanks again - Kirk