Re: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing

To: KrkLH@cs.com
Subject: Re: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:33:29 -0400
Cc: wsthompson@thicko.com, kevin@valentinephoto.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
KrkLH@cs.com wrote:

>   He can be there to help me pull the hood (bonnet)

WHY? That's a week worth of work in itself.
Use a floor jack, jack the engine up and pull it straight out the front.
Leave the bonnet alone. 2 guys, a floor jack, a rag over t he rack and
slide it right out.

> Question - I have read somewhere on some cars that you need to pull the drive
> shaft out with the tranny

The d/shaft will fall right out when you start moving the tranny
forward. Do drain the tranny or it will leave a big mess once the shaft
falls out.

> I plan to pull the cross member -

I gotta see that! it's part of the car and welded in.
Unbolt the tranny, 2 bolts on the bottom,(9/16 wrench) 2 bolts in the
side inside the car on the tunnel, (1/2" wrench) remove the shift can
(boot) and shift lever (3 bolts around the base 7/16" wrench)

Don't forget the ground strap under the car and the speedo cable.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ