T-Charged

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: T-Charged
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:05:32 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
OK, I know that Moss has now joined the ranks of those who are selling
supercharger kits for the 1275 (Hans Pederesen and Mini Mania have had them
for some time), but I found out yesterday that my Midget has been T-charged
for some time now. I was at a Miata Club autocross on Saturday (along with
another member of this list, but he brought his Yada instead of his
Spridget) and the course was long, slippery, and featured a slalom so tight
that one of the Miata hot-shoes was trying to eliminate one or two of the
cones in it during the break. With those factors in my favor, I managed to
beat more Yadas than beat me. Sunday I was out geocaching with my kids and
bragged to my 18-year-old daughter that I had beaten a turbo-charged Miata
at the autocross. She mis-heard me and asked, "what does 'turtle-charged'
mean?" I SO need a sticker for my car that says "Turtle-Charged"! After all,
they have snails in the turbos, don't they ;-)
David Lieb
1972 Turtle-Charged Midget