Re: Possible head trouble

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@rbnet.com>
Subject: Re: Possible head trouble
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:13:19 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill Mantz wrote:
> I found that I have a severe oil leak in my 1971 Midget 1275. It drips on
> the exhaust pipe.

Bill
Look closely at the head/block area just behinf the front engine plate
on the carb side. See if oil is coming out there and running down the
side of the block. My engine was (still is) leaking from that head/block
spot.
There is an oil passage right there.
I slowed my leak down with a new head gasket and some APT head studs.

Mine leaks a little at speed then the fan blows the oil on the manifold.

You might just have a leaky valve cover too.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ