Re: B-24, B-17 NO LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B-24, B-17 NO LBC
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 23:44:29 -0500
Allow me a brief recollection.  Myself and 5 others restored a B-25J for
the EAA.  1 night a week and Saturdays for 14 years.  It took awhile to
get parts.  Even Ed would have had a difficult time for some of the
parts!  It was Barbara Hutton's gift to her Latin boytoy and the /Berlin
Express/ from "Catch 22" in which it was actually used as 2 different
planes being painted as such on it's two sides.  400 gallons of
methylene chloride it took to remove 7 layers of paint and interior
insulation. Anyway, we put on a half ring manifold on the top 9
cylinders and the bottom 9 got stub stacks.  At run-up it sounded like 9
Big Bored-out Harleys!  Shook like it too!  What a feeling.    BTW,
B17's are down right quiet by comparison but that's another story.
Hope you enjoy the flights!!  Hope you get some stick time.
Dave
59 :{)