Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Roll bar

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Roll bar
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 09:53:25 EDT
toyman@digitex.net writes:
> Your seat belt/harness, no matter HOW good it is, will stretch under your
> weight, allowing your head to contact the road surface. I have no personal
> experience with this, but just ask WST about when he flipped the Rat Bastard.

My son is a police officer and he worked a wreck where a jeep with a roll bar
flipped and the seat belt stretched enough to trap the drivers head and neck
between it and the roll bar.  Severed the head.

That being said, I think I would rather have a roll bar than not, even though
at present I do not.  But I continually pull at my seat belt to tighten it
and keep it tight.

--David C.