Re: HELP...SOLVED!!!!! SOLVED!!!! SOLVED!!!

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP...SOLVED!!!!! SOLVED!!!! SOLVED!!!
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:07:26 -0500 with any abuse report
> "There's a good lesson to be learned from this.  Don't try to overthink
> the problem. "
>
> And I say, YEP!!!
>
> Folks, this is way better known as the K.I.S.S. Rule!!

Somehow I fail to see how overthinking and KISS apply to this situation. In
order to resolve the problem it was necessary to analyse the various factors
which could cause it. From a fuel perspective that includes everything from
the fuel tank to the jet. Eliminating possible factors in an orderly manner
is NOT overthinking the problem. Underthinking the problem would be to
merely replace every possible piece at random (otherwise known as the
shotgun approach) and I do not recommend this to anyone. The usual failure
of the particular pieces involved is to leak, not to block fuel, therefore
they were not the first suspect. The fact that the problem required a test
drive to properly verify meant that we could not watch it happening.

I don't know about the geniuses out there, but I have NEVER been able to
"overthink" anything. Of course there was a certain amount of post hoc ergo
propiter hoc going on, but causal relationships can be tenuous. AFAICS, KISS
applies to the source of the problem, not the repair. Let the repair process
fit the need.
David Lieb