Re: Collecting junk. Yes, LBC content!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Collecting junk. Yes, LBC content!
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:28:28 +0100 (BST)
POSSIBLE Junk
Cannot be restored or used.
Commonly available part.
Deteriorates with time (brake fluid - tyres).
Old seat belts.
Things moved from one part of the bench to the other every day waiting to be
restored.
Used bearings and brake parts.
All safety critical items  (driver)

POSSIBLE non-junk
Everything thrown away by someone else
Glass from a broken instrument
Chrome surround from above
Bent body panels if there are folds/seams still useful as repair pieces.
Small springs

Guy R Day

Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net> wrote:
OK, so I've heard the Golden Rule of car restoration is "Never Throw Anything
Away". How far do you guys carry that? I have my new lines mostly all bent and
installed, and what about things like seized wheel cylinders? At what point is
one simply following the Golden Rule or Collecting Junk?
Dan